Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day of Reckoning

The day of reckoning and has come and gone. I was pretty nervous. My heart pounding so hard I thought it would jump out of my chest. I took a few good deep yoga breaths (thanx Ren) and it really helped. Somehow my legs got me up to the podium. It passed quicker than I thought it would. There was one question - asked in a bit of an obnoxious way - but I think I answered well. I'm happy it's over. Now I can focus on Pessach cleaning! Yeh!
Volunteering is not going quite the way I expected. The hospital library was a disappointment. I spoke to a librarian from Weizmann Institute and asked her about volunteering. She didn't sound too enthusiastic. Why is it so hard to find a place to volunteer? But, my friend spoke to the head librarian at Weizmann and made me an appointment to speak with her Monday. We'll see how that goes.
Tonight Adam and I are going out to celebrate the end of the presentation era. Lots of meat, sorbet and maybe a drink that comes with those little umbrellas in it (for me, of course. not manly enough for my man). Yum cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment