Saturday, March 7, 2009

The bat, the witch and the baseball player

It's Purim time again. We love Purim. But I love it most once it is over and you look at the pictures and have the great memories. It's a lot of work. The kids need their costumes ready to wear to school. There are Humantachen to be made, mishloac manot, the great big seudah (feast), the parties...it's all fun but it ends up being tons of work for the adults. As you can see above I have a witch, a bat and baseball player. Y was suppose to be a clown but didn't happily paticipate. We'll see if he changes his mind for the actual Purim. Adam and I still haven't finalized our costume. Tune in to find out what we will be...
The volunteering did not work out. Too bad. I went to the library and spent a few hours there. Not much to be done. Plus I was frustrated being there seeing all the books and journals haphazardly laying around. Not in order. They don't have any bookends!!! So what if most of the journals and books can now be found on-line. Hardcopy is still important and should be taken care of properly. I might go back to just fix things up a bit. But not today.
I have been working on my presentation. It's in a week and a half. Someone stressed me yesterday by telling me I can't read the lecture. I knew that already but didn't really care. If I am doing it in Hebrew I am going to read it for the most part. But now I'm not so sure what to do. I will try practicing as many times as I can (it does get boring after a while) and maybe in the end I will know most of it by heart. Maybe not.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. most people read their talks. of course it is more boring but at least it is the norm. if you practice enough, you can read it AND sound interesting at the same time. I rarely wrote out sermons, but on the HHDs I did. I practiced again and again and then put big outline headers in the text so I could go off the page and come back to it easily. more often I just used notes or a rough outline, but you don't want to take the chance of skipping anything. you will be great!

    ReplyDelete