Monday, February 16, 2009

A First

Sitting in the sunshine really wishing for rain. This is a first for me, sharing my thoughts with the world. I decided it's time for more firsts. Just don't know what they should be. Any ideas?
I have time on my hands while I wait to find another part time job, hopefully as a librarian or in information. I really want to work. Really really. Need to use my brain before it shrivels up from fb overuse...
I love stream of conciousness so maybe I will apply that to my blog. Just write whatever comes to mind. Or maybe not. A little of this a little of that. It's been three and a half months of sending out my resume and not one response. There aren't too many part-time jobs out there or "working from home" jobs that are in my field but there are some. None of them want me. I guess we'll just keep on waiting, anticipating. Anyone willing to look at my resume and help spiffy it up for me? In the meantime, I will bore you all with the story of my life.
So, Y has been sick for six days and I am ready to fly out the window. Fever off and on. Crying off and on. Tomorrow he is going back to gan. He has to or I will go crazy. Whoever decided to use sleep deprivation as a form of torture really got it right.
Volunteering. That is what I am going to do until I find a job. It'll give me some experience which I need. I just need to find a library that will take me.
I finished reading the two first books about Rashi's daughters, Jocheved and Miriam, by Maggie Anton. Quite interesting. I love historical fiction and this was mixed with Talmud and Judaism so it made for a good read for me. I couldn't believe how they lived with so many beliefs of superstitions. There is a certain order of how to cut your nails so the scholar won't forget what he has learned, words that are written in chalk around a birthing room to keep the demons away, Thursday is the best day to start a journey and NEVER venture out on a Saturday night...and so much more. Supposedly all these are written in the Talmud. Not the parts I've learned (not that that I've learned so much - maybe another thing I should look into doing).
I picked up a new book to start, March, by Geraldine Brooks. I really enjoyed her latest novel (also historical fiction with a Jewish theme), "People of the Book". This one (March) takes place during the Civil War. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog Sharyn. In the future try to stay off the weed before posting.
    Donny F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frenkel. Sorry I didn't realize you knew more than one obnoxious Donny F.

    ReplyDelete